Friday, April 5, 2013

Steak & Onion Pies


 I remember when I was in high school back in Zimbabwe, the minute the bell rang for lunch break we would run to the tuck shop (snack shop) to make sure we would get some pies before they ran out. Believe me, when I say that if you got there 10 min after break had started, you would not get anything. This goes to show just how good they were. I've never had pies as good as those, ever in my life.
I made my own version of steak & onion pies and I must say that I was pretty impressed with the turnout, My pies are not as large as the ones we grew up eating, that is because I utilized what I had in my kitchen as best as I could.The pastry was flaky and very nice and the the meat filling tasted just the way I remember it.



I made my own version of steak & onion pies and I must say that I was pretty impressed with the turnout, My pies are not as large as the ones we grew up eating, that is because I utilized what I had in my kitchen as best as I could.The pastry was flaky and very nice and the the meat filling tasted very, very good. 




No comments:

Post a Comment