Monday, April 15, 2013

Colorful Ribbon Rose Cake

For some time now I had been meaning to bake a cake and decorate it all with fondant to put some of my skills to work and try a few things out. I must say that I am pretty impressed with the turnout of the cake. It is very colorful, beautiful and attractive to the eye.

 
 I baked and covered the cake in marshmallow fondant. Marshmallow fondant is an easy fondant (sugar paste) made of mini marshmallows, water and confectioner's sugar. The cake topper made of fondant ribbon roses. They very simple to make, yet time consuming especially since I covered the entire top of the cake with them. I'll make sure to come up with a tutorial on ribbon roses some time in the near future.

My Husband, as always thought it was a very good effort i put in to produce something like this and more importantly, enjoyed the cake. My daughter is not yet old enough to eat cake, but it will great when she can join him and taste some of Mommy's delicious baked goodies :)



2 comments:

  1. This is very colorful, looks very good.... What kind of cake is it on the inside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much. It is a chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete