Thursday, October 31, 2013

31st of October Birthday Cake

Last night, I made my special chocolate cake for one of my Husband's colleagues at work, who was celebrating his birthday. The reason why I call it my "special chocolate cake" is because some time earlier this year, (like I always do) I decided to try out a new recipe for chocolate cake. It turned out to be one of the best best chocolate cakes I had ever had (I'm not kidding). We had too much cake left at home, so I told my husband to take the rest of it to work and offer it to his colleagues. Much to my surprise, he called me and told me that one of his colleagues loved the cake so much that she wanted to order one for one of her friends who was going to celebrate her birthday in just a few days.The great news is that the cake was a hit and one of his colleagues even said that he normally does not like cake, but this cake was very delicious. 

This chocolate cake has now become one of my signature cakes and I was privileged to bake another one. (pictures below) 

It is a dark chocolate cake frosted with whipped chocolate ganache and decorated with two daisies

If you like chocolate, you will definitely love his cake. 



No comments:

Post a Comment